Inspirational Message:

Did Gary Coleman die of a regular stroke or a diff'rent stroke?

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Visitors in Buenos Aires

I just found out the other day that my buddy Dan is coming down to Buenos Aires next week. Dan is another gringo that really enjoys being in Latin America. Dan and I met back in 2005 when we both studied together here in Argentina for a college semester abroad. Since then, we have stayed in touch on Facebook and chatting by phone every few months. I have only gotten to see him once, though - last summer when we were both in Houston. Anyway, I know he is looking forward to coming back down here, and I am pretty psyched about a 5-year reunion here in Buenos Aires.

Dan has gotten around quite a bit, too. He is originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan, but he went to undergrad at Cornell. After college, he worked for nearly 2 years for Jones Lang Lasalle in NYC, but I think he got a little burned out on the job and the City. Then he moved down to Antigua, Guatemala to do some volunteer work for about 6 months. At some point he was offered a job with a hedge fund in Ireland and had planned to move to Dublin after Guatemala. The job was going to have him traveling a lot, and sounded awesome - but then the whole thing fell through as a result of the economic crisis. So he went back to Grand Rapids for awhile before finally moving down to Houston to work with a firm involved in real estate transactions. Like I said, the guy gets around.

On the right is a picture from a soccer game in Argentina back in 2005. That is Dan on the far-right.

Anyway, I haven't gotten to talk much with Dan since I came down to Argentina - so I am looking forward to catching up with him next week. He is coming down with a friend, and they will both stay at my place. This will be an opportunity to justify the additional bedroom that I am renting here for visitors! Anyway, Dan is flying in on Monday, May 17th. It looks like he'll be here through the following weekend when Argentina celebrates its 200th year of independence. It is going to be a great time, and I'm really pumped that they are coming down!

No comments:

Post a Comment