Inspirational Message:

Did Gary Coleman die of a regular stroke or a diff'rent stroke?

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just a Few Things Falling Apart this Week

This week started off just fine. On Monday morning, I didn´t have to go to my International Private Law class. They were conducting sort of a "make-up exam" for people who didn´t do well on our mid-term a couple weeks ago. I found out last week that I did really well on that exam. As a matter of fact, the professor announced that I had made the highest grade in the class! I was pleased that I had done well, but I was also a little embarrassed. I´m sure some of my classmates were thinking, "Who does this gringo think he is?"

Of course, nearly all of my classmates work in addition to taking law school classes. Aside from school, my only other obligations are social ones ;-) On the other hand, it probably takes me twice as long as my Argentine classmates to read and understand the material.

Monday continued to go well into the evening. I have a Maritime Law class at 8:00 p.m. that usually goes until 9:30. On Monday, though, we finished class in less than an hour. Then I went out for a great dinner with a friend.

Well, Tuesday started off as a beautiful day here in Buenos Aires, and would have really liked to take some pictures. I am planning a little project for a future post on El Gringuito, and the project requires video footage. Tuesday would have been an excellent day to record, but unfortunately I didn´t have my camera. Here is why:

On Saturday night, I had 3 friends over to the house to cook dinner. We made tacos and drank beer, then we were planning to go out. Well, by about 2:00 a.m. my friends were getting kind of loud. I was concerned that one of the neighbors might complain, but my friends consoled me by explaining, "You are in Argentina. We yell here, and nobody gets mad!"

By about 2:30 a.m. left my apartment and headed to a club, but the entrance was packed with people trying to get in. I finally ended up just going home. Well, when I came walking back into the building at about 3:30 a.m. the guard told me that sure enough someone had called complaining and asking if someone was having a domestic dispute in the building. Ooops...

Well, the next morning I couldn´t find my camera in my house. I searched for about 2 hours, but I couldn´t find the camera anywhere. I was really freaking out as I was pretty sure I had not taken it with me to the club. I really just didn´t know what to do, so I sent a text message to one of the guys who had been here - asking him if he remembered where we had put the camera the night before.

About an hour later, my friend calls me and says, "I have your camera, stupid." He usually asks me to send him the pictures I take when we go out, and I always forget. So I guess on Saturday he decided to just take the pictures himself. Well, I was relieved that my camera was not lost, as this would not have been the first digital camera that I have lost in Latin America. But now I am without a camera for a few days...

Well, on Tuesday my computer also started doing some funny things. Last night I decided that I would buy some disks to back up my information this week. Well, as of today I am getting the Blue Screen of Death. Looks like the computer is crashing... I have been to a couple computer repair places today, and they both told me they feel pretty confident that they can get my documents, music, etc. off the computer. We´ll see if they are able to fix the computer, though...

So as of today, I am without a camera and a computer in my house. This creates a small obstacle in my blogging ability. I´ll have to make a point to stop into the call shops around the city to type up blog posts...

So, you can see that nothing terrible has occurred. Just a few things falling apart this week...

1 comment:

  1. No where to go but up! Things will get better!

    ReplyDelete